Little Dreamer's Eyes <$BlogRSDURL$>

Little Dreamer's Eyes

Darlin' dreamin in the night, shadows on the windows

6.15.2005

Better

I see you and you look better than me. Your hair is longer. Your legs are longer. Your voice is perfect. Your husband is better than mine ever was. Your children can do more than mine. You're a better cook, a better wife, a better friend, a better hostess.

You know this.

Your luck is better. Your job is better. Your parents are better. Your car is better. You have better taste in music, in clothing, in decor. Your house is cleaner. Your faith is better. Your mood is better. You are happier. You feel more love. You feel more respect. You feel more confident.

I see this.

I see this because it is all that you show me. It is all that you show anyone. Including yourself. No one really knows you. How you feel. What you see. What you hear. If you're truly happy.

I can see through you, yet I stop at your heart where you are just like anyone else. I wish that you would stop there sometime too.

It would make you better.